We recently attended a Gather for Design event at Miko and Boone Home in Roswell, Georgia where we learned some interesting facts about the color white and product knowledge on Sherwin William paints.
The entire White House exterior (trim and body) is painted with 570 gallons of Whisper White.
The Hollywood Sign was restored to its full beauty and got a “face-lift” from Sherwin Williams and The Hollywood Sign Trust. This was the most extensive refurbishment in nearly 35 years and was completed in time for the Sign to celebrate it’s 90th birthday in 2013.
To ensure the makeover endures the test of time, the existing coatings were removed from each of the letters, a time-intensive process completed almost entirely by hand.
- The Hollywood Sign is 450 feet wide – each letter stands 45′ high and ranges between 31′ and 39′ wide
- This was the Sign’s most extensive refurbishment since it was built in the late 70s
- The Sign’s nine letters had all existing coatings removed before being primed and painted
- The Sign’s color is Sherwin-Williams High Reflective White (SW7757)
- The Sign was painted with 255 gallons of Emerald™ Exterior Acrylic Latex Paint in Satin
- The Sign was primed with 105 gallons of Pro Industrial™ Pro-Cryl® Universal Acrylic Primer
- The refurbishment took nine weeks to complete
Here are some favorite rooms in white:
Designer Brooke Davenport – Southern California Master Bedroom
Designer Louise Brooks – Glossy White Kitchen
Above images: Coastal Living – Photo by Mark Lohman, Stylist: Francoise O’Neill
What is the advantage to painting a white room?
White has an ability to reflect the maximum light in a room. It is bright, fresh and clean. Adding bold texture and pops of color is the secret to creating a stylish space. There is a reason art gallery walls are white. They ensure the artwork remains the focus.
I love nothing more than a brick fireplace painted white. Check out ’s personal family room:
Check out the before and after of another fireplace we designed for a client painting the brick white:
A fresh coat of white paint and a custom zinc mantel – what a transformation!
It’s no wonder that white is a staple for interior designers. Our favorite – Sherwin Williams Westhighland White – SW7566
Have a great week!